Central Hume Falls Prevention Project involved 17 community members and 23 representatives from Central Hume Primary Care Partnership partner organizations actively working on a steering committee and four local falls prevention groups. These groups were formed around the geographic areas of Alpine, Benalla, Mansfield and Wangaratta.
The project focused on reducing the personal risks, risks around the home, and risks in public places.
• Reduce severity of injuries from falls among older people living in their own homes
• Reduce risk and incidence of falls
• Embed falls prevention activities into the regular program of partner organisations
• Integrate falls prevention awareness into the regular activities of older people
• Build the capacity of participating groups and organisations to conduct falls prevention activities and promote the programs sustainability
• Gather data to assist in the development or modification of program activities to achieve high quality outcomes and best practice process
The final report can be viewed by clicking on the link below:
A Personal Home Safety Checklist designed to help reduce risks of falling around the home can be viewed below:
Click below to view the results of the Strategy's Action Plan.